Privacy & Anti-Spam Policy
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information when a user completes or modifies a registration form. We also collect information about browsing patterns. This information is only used in an aggregated form and helps us build an understanding of how to make the site more useful.
2. Use of Information Collected
The information we collect through the website will be used within Mercator Media Ltd. Exactly who sees this information will depend on the business area.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
You are given the opportunity on the registration form to opt in to having your data passed on to third parties. If you opt in, Mercator Media may pass on your details to carefully selected third parties to contact you about related products and services which might be of interest.
4. Personal Data MaintenanceYou can change your personal records and consents at any time on the website or by post or email. We will try to keep the information we hold about you as up to date as possible and may contact you from time to time via email, telephone or post.
5. SecurityThe personal information in our control is housed on our servers in a commercially secure environment. However, not all aspects of the Web are secure and emails can be intercepted and we suggest you use caution when including sensitive information.
For information about cookies, including what they are, how we use them to serve our business to business audience, please visit www.mercatormedia.com/our-business/cookies.
7. Anti-Spam Policy
As an online news service that uses broadcast email communications, Mercator is very sensitive to issues regarding unwanted emails and Spam. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email, please notify us immediately. Contact: Digital Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 01329 825335.
7.1. Opt-in Tools
We take the issue of unwanted email seriously and provide the necessary tools within our technology to help assure and enforce the "opt-in" nature of the service, except where there is an existing customer relationship. These include a remove link at the bottom of every message and opt-out protection.
7.2. Remove link
In every email sent, recipients have the option to remove themselves from further communications. By clicking on this link they will be presented with the option to confirm their unsubscripton from the lists on which their email address is held.
7.3. Opt-out protection
When an email address is removed, the system remembers exactly who opted-out and can prevent this person from receiving any future communications from us.
We may update this Policy from time to time and post the revision on this site.
The Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 is stated below and If you have any questions regarding your personal information you can contact us at:
Mercator Media Ltd
Call: +44 (0)1329 825335
Or email us at email@example.com